- Tanga Paolo
Astronomer - planetary scientist
UMR LAGRANGE - adjoint director
Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur
phone : +33 4 92 00 30 42
Twitter : @ziggypao
Current research topics
- Solar System data collected by the Gaia mission (ESA). Responsible of data processing within the activity of the Data Processing and Analysis Consortium (DPAC).
- Astrometry and dynamical properties of minor planets. Exploitation of pre-Gaia astrometric measurements. Stellar occultations by asteroids: prediction and observations.
- Asteroids enriched in primordial refractory elements: the "Barbarians", asteroids of the taxonomic class L.
- UniversCity telescope (OCA) - robotic 50 cm telescope at Calern
- The Gaia mission (ESA)
- DART, Hera missions to the asteroid Didymos
- Asteroid discovery by the Ground-Based Optical Tracking of Gaia
- MP3C (the minor planet physical properties catalog)
- Asteroid observation page at OCA
Past activities and projects
- EuroVenus (FP7 EU program)
- The Venus Twilight Experiment: expeditions for the observations of Venus atmoshpere during the solar transit of 2012.
- Asteroid shapes and sizes measured by the Fine Guidance System interferometers of the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Trasport of pssively advected dust in the protoplanetary nebula and in geophysical fluids.
Poincaré fellowship at Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur (2001, 2002).
Asteroid 9715 Paolotanga.
Chevalier de l'ordre des palmes académiques (2015)